Today, we’re at sea on the Celebrity Reflection cruise ship. We’re on our way to Roatan, which is an island off the coast of Honduras. I’ve never been there before and never even realized that it was an island. I’m geographically challenged – I know.
So, what does one do on a cruise ship when one is at sea?
Oh, well…these are actually some of my favorite days because you can do whatever. I usually end up doing a mix of relaxing and working. Today’s cruise life itinerary looks like this:
- Wake up around 6:30 am
- Workout at the gym for about an hour
- Go to the solarium to get coffee
- Shower, get dressed and take my stuff to the pool at the Solarium (indoor, adults only pool)
- Work on the computer
- Lunch around 1 pm at The Porch
- Back to the pool – work on the computer, take a nap, read, write, swim, etc.
- Go to the gym before dinner for a 30 min “uphill” power walk on the treadmill
- Dinner at 8:30 pm at the Lawn Club
- Go to bed
We usually take a couple of hours to enjoy dinner and a bottle of wine…so, by the time we’re done, the ship is dead (most of the passengers are old(er), retired people). Honestly, we’re pretty tired in the evenings too, so we’ll maybe go for a stroll around the ship and eventually just go back to the room and go to bed.
There are also plenty of activities going on around the ship from 6-7 am until late in the evening. So, you can stay pretty busy if you choose to participate in them…or you can just choose to relax and do pretty much nothing, if that’s your thing.
You can also go to the gym (open all day), go for a walk on the outdoor walking/running track that goes around the top deck of the ship, try your luck at the casino, go shopping, read a book at the library, go to the spa and/or salon, swim in the pool, soak in the hot tub (Jacuzzi), eat, drink & be merry…
So, if you think that being on a cruise ship is boring…it’s not. But maybe it also depends on who you are and what you like.