I like having routines in my life. So whenever I’m home, my days look a lot alike. I’m definitely a morning person and prefer to get up early when everything’s quiet and peaceful and “everyone else” is still sleeping. For me, the early morning hours are almost magical…
I try to get up at 6 am every morning but sometimes (a lot of times, lately) I fail, hit the snooze button on my phone and sleep in. Like this morning when I didn’t get up until 7:17 am – feeling slightly rushed. I was thinking to myself that snoozing really is a bad idea because the sleep that you get after waking up isn’t quality sleep anyways. So it’s really just wasting time…
This is a day in my life…just a random and ordinary day:
7:17 am – wake up & get up!
Shower and getting dressed while listening to an episode of DAILYVEE by Gary Vee (he is awesome).
Have breakfast, coffee and make lunch. I got a NutriBullet for Christmas and I’m loving it. I had a smoothie and a few slices of toasted whole grain baguette with peanut/coconut butter for breakfast. For lunch, I just collected a few random leftovers to heat up in the microwave at the office.
I left the house around 9:40 am (a little later than I’d normally like) and got to the office just before 10:00 am.
At the office, I did a number of “regular” work which included:
- Answering a bunch of emails. I always do this first thing and strive towards the elusive “zero inbox”, which I have yet to reach.
- Sending an offer for a vacation package to clients from France that wanted to travel in March.
- Re-sending travel vouchers to clients from the Czech Republic coming later this month.
- Updating an invoice to a travel agent in France.
- Sending rates for hotel, golf & airport transfers to a travel agent in Switzerland.
- Sending information & prices for diving excursions to clients from Denmark.
- Following up with a hotel regarding a request to prepare a welcome gift w/ a bottle of champagne for a client’s arrival later this month.
- Cleaning up and deleting old (!) files on my Dropbox and computer (there were A LOT, so this took quite some time).
- Updating our website www.palmeravilla.com and adding a new villa to the list + posting it to Instagram, Facebook & Twitter.
- Updating the Whale Watching excursion on our website www.danskpuntacanaguide.com.
- Considering how to get into making regular “to do” lists again…This will be on my mind for a few days until I get into the habit again.
I went home around 5 pm, started cooking dinner (stir-fry noodles, vegetables and bacon…yes, bacon). Had dinner with Anders and watched 2 episodes of Quantico (oh, it’s so good) until about 8:30 pm.
I told Anders that I only wanted to watch 2 episodes, because I want to have time to do other things, i.e. write on this blog, have a cup of tea and READ a few pages in a book before winding down for bed. Ideally, I should be in bed and be going to sleep no later than 11:00 pm – if I want to get 7 hours of sleep, wake up AND get up at 6:00 am tomorrow.