I like having routines in my life. So whenever I’m home, my days look a lot alike. I’m definitely a morning person and prefer to get up early when everything’s quiet and peaceful and “everyone else” is still sleeping. For me, the early morning hours are almost magical…I try to get up at 6 am every morning but sometimes (a lot of times, lately) I fail, hit the snooze button on my phone and sleep in. Like this morning when I didn’t get up until 7:17 am – feeling slightly rushed. I was thinking to myself that snoozing really is a bad idea because the sleep that you get after waking up isn’t quality sleep anyways. So it’s really just wasting time…
This is a day in my life…just a random and ordinary day:
7:17 am – wake up & get up!
Shower and getting dressed while listening to an episode of DAILYVEE by Gary Vee (he is awesome).
Have breakfast, coffee and make lunch. I got a NutriBullet for Christmas and I’m loving it. I had a smoothie and a few slices of toasted whole grain baguette with peanut/coconut butter for breakfast. For lunch, I just collected a few random leftovers to heat up in the microwave at the office.
I left the house around 9:40 am (a little later than I’d normally like) and got to the office just before 10:00 am.
At the office, I did a number of “regular” work which included:
- Answering a bunch of emails. I always do this first thing and strive towards the elusive “zero inbox”, which I have yet to reach.
- Sending an offer for a vacation package to clients from France that wanted to travel in March.
- Re-sending travel vouchers to clients from the Czech Republic coming later this month.
- Updating an invoice to a travel agent in France.
- Sending rates for hotel, golf & airport transfers to a travel agent in Switzerland.
- Sending information & prices for diving excursions to clients from Denmark.
- Following up with a hotel regarding a request to prepare a welcome gift w/ a bottle of champagne for a client’s arrival later this month.
- Cleaning up and deleting old (!) files on my Dropbox and computer (there were A LOT, so this took quite some time).
- Updating our website www.palmeravilla.com and adding a new villa to the list + posting it to Instagram, Facebook & Twitter.
- Updating the Whale Watching excursion on our website www.danskpuntacanaguide.com.
- Considering how to get into making regular “to do” lists again…This will be on my mind for a few days until I get into the habit again.
I went home around 5 pm, started cooking dinner (stir-fry noodles, vegetables and bacon…yes, bacon). Had dinner with Anders and watched 2 episodes of Quantico (oh, it’s so good) until about 8:30 pm.
I told Mr. A that I only wanted to watch 2 episodes, because I want to have time to do other things, i.e. write on this blog, have a cup of tea and READ a few pages in a book before winding down for bed. Ideally, I should be in bed and be going to sleep no later than 11:00 pm – if I want to get 7 hours of sleep, wake up AND get up at 6:00 am tomorrow.